Popup & Slide‑in Video Contest User Manual
Build a marketing campaign with Popup & Slide-in Video Contest applications
To create a Marketing Campaign with Popup & Slide-in Video Contest it is very simple.
Go to Dashboard and click on Create a new Campaign green button the follow then steps:
- Campaign Type: Choose the type of the campaign. Every campaign type has a small description of their usage. When you decide what is best for you, click on one of the options and then click on Next button.
- Basic Information:
- Enter the title of your campaign. This title will be displayed on browsers tabs.
- Enter a description of your campaign. This is used for page metadata. Give a good quick description of what it is your product about.
- Upload the favicon for your campaign. This icon will be recognized and used by browsers for tabs.
- Setup number of winners: How many participants will win your prize after this campaign will end.
- Country, Region: Used for SEO, specify the Country&Region where this campaign will be launched.
- Click Next button.
- Joining: In this step, you will configure the form used by participants to join your campaign
- Fill the message to encourage participants to join.
- Add custom form fields to request more data from participants.
- Fill the message you will show after the form is submitted.
- Optionally, redirect the visitor to a new page after the form is submitted.
- Specify the caption of the Call to Action button.
- Click Next button.
- Connectors: Sync leads with your favorite tool.
- Enable MailChimp connector if you want to sync leads with MailChimp. You need to provide MailChimp API Key and the List-Id to complete this configuration.
- Enable Freshdesk connector if you want to sync leads with Freshdesk. You need to provide Freshdesk API Key and Domain name to complete this configuration.
- Enable GetResponse connector if you want to sync leads with GetResponse. You need to provide GetResponse API Key and a Campaign or List Key to complete this configuration.
- Enable Slack connector if you want to sync leads with Slack. You need to provide Slack API Key and Channel Id to complete this configuration.
- Enable HubSpot connector if you want to sync leads with HubSpot. You need to provide only an API Key to complete this configuration.
- Click Next button.
- Spreading: Customize the screen through which people will invite their friends. This will make your campaign popular.
- Specify the message about how to encourage participants to invite their friends
- Specify a message about the current rank on the waiting list
- Select the social networks names where you want to announce your campaign. We support sharing buttons for the social networks (Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Twitter, Telegram, Whatsapp, Reddit), for sending a direct email or sharing a public referral link
- Click Next button
- Duration: Configure what participants will see when the campaign ends
- Using the calendar pick up a date when your campaign will expire
- Specify the message you want to show to participants after your campaign will expire.
- Click Next button
- Notifications: Configure the content of the emails participants and the owner of the campaign will receive
- Configure From email address of the email that participants will receive. Usually, it is your contact email address.
- The Subject of the email that participants will receive.
- The content of the email that participants will receive.
- Repeat the same steps to configure the email that owner will receive.
- Click on Next button
- Content: Configure the content of the campaign. Select a theme for your campaign. You can use Classic (content and product picture/video will be displayed in the middle of the screen), Split (Form on the left of the screen, product picture/video on the right) or Landscape(Product picture/video on the top, form on the bottom of the screen) themes.
- Select a logo picture for your campaign (Optionally). This will be displayed above the text of the campaign.
- Select a picture or YouTube video to use as a background.
- Select a picture or YouTube video about your product.
- Add some text to describe your campaign and encourage participants to fill the form.
- Optionally, enable and write Terms and Conditions. We provide a comprehensive template for terms and conditions where the fields to be replaced are highlighted with yellow color.
- Styling: Refine the look and feel of your campaign page
- Install some Google Fonts, by default Roboto font it is used
- From Typography, select the element and the font you want to assign to it. Take a look at the preview, it is automatically updating when you do changes
- Change colors if you like for elements on the page
- Adjust border-radius for the content frame and call to action button
- Installation: Final step to install the campaign on your website
- Optionally from this section, you can assign a custom domain to the campaign page.
- Configure how the campaign should look like: you can select to show it as popup dialog or slide panel showing up from a corner of the screen
- You can also configure if the campaign should show when the user has to intent to exit the page
- Copy the code we generate and Paste it into your page BODY/FOOTER section
Click on Create Campaign button and You are done! You created your first marketing campaign with our app.
Q: My popup is not showing up! Why?
A1: By default popups are showing up only when user tries to exit your website.
To simulate this action go to your website, wait for it to load and then move the mouse cursor slowly over the browser address bar. This will trigger Exit Intent mechanism.
Also, check display frequency settings from Installation step. By default is set to Once per day. This means the popup will show only once per day per user.
A2: Check if your campaign is published. Unpublished popups will not load. Also, publishing might take couple of seconds so please wait at least 10 seconds before you try it on your website.
A3: Check if campaign has ended. Ended campaigns will not initiate popups.
Q: I don't have any subscribers to my popup
A1: Usually the conversion rate it's only 5%, so don't expect many users to subscribe. To improve conversion rate, try to make your campaign look more appealing to your customers.
A2: Before launching any campaign, do a test with your email address to see if the system works.